Sherman College will host a free Wellness Fair on Saturday, October 13 (rain or shine), from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on its campus at 2020 Springfield Road in Boiling Springs. Attendees will enjoy family-friendly activities and a full range of health screenings by the college and other health professionals. Sherman College students and interns have envisioned and planned this community event.
“With the rising cost of health care, many Americans are left without the care they need,” said Sherman student and event organizer Wendy Parker. “This Wellness Fair is our way to give back to our home community. Fairs like this one are incredible opportunities to take stock of your health, and the health of your friends and family members.”
Here’s what you can expect at Sherman College of Chiropractic’s Free Community Wellness Fair:
- Free admission and parking
- A full range of health screenings
- Spinal checks by Sherman interns and faculty (10:30-2:30)
- Opportunity to donate blood with the Blood Connection (ends at 2:00)
- Kid-friendly activities including inflatables and an interactive “touch-a-truck” section
- Free registration for prizes, including an iPad to be given away at the end of the fair
In addition, event attendees can register for a free yoga class, learn about nutrition and local recreational opportunities, receive valuable coupons to follow up at the Sherman College Health Center, and much more. Spinal screening participants can register for a free iPad to be given away at the conclusion of the fair. Concessions will be available for purchase. Wellness-oriented businesses and organizations are encouraged to participate, and non-profit organizations may exhibit free of charge.