Anthony McGill in Concert at the Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra
The USC Upstate community is invited to attend the Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra’s Masterworks II: Mozart to Gershwin concert featuring Anthony McGill on Saturday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m., in Twichell Auditorium. Ticket prices start at $10, and admission is free for any school-aged child in Spartanburg County when accompanied by an adult.
Anthony McGill is the Principal Clarinet of the MET Opera Orchestra, and will perform a collection of some of the most loved tunes of all time, including:
- Mozart’s Magic Flute Overture
- Rossini’s Introduction, Theme and Variations
- Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony No. 8
- Gershwin’s Three Preludes (arrangement for clarinet & orchestra)
- Borodin’s Polovtsian Dances
McGill will be joined by the First Presbyterian Chancel Choir, led by Holt Andrews.
For more information, contact the Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra at (864) 596-9725 or www.spartanburgphilharmonic.org.