LeaderShape Institute participant application
Apply to be part of the USC Upstate delegation to the 2013 LeaderShape® Institute July 28-August 2, 2013 and grow as a leader at USC Upstate! This is a unique opportunity for a small number of Upstate students to participate in a national leadership development program!
What is the LeaderShape® Institute?
LeaderShape® is 6 intensive days of dialogue and interactive self-discovery in a supportive learning community. The LeaderShape® Institute challenges students to lead with integrity while working towards a vision grounded in their deepest values. www.leadershape.org
Prior to travel, the participant must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 2 semesters left at USC Upstate after August 1, 2013
- Have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Be in good social standing with the Dean of Students Office
- Be able to attend the full institute (July 28-August 2, 2013)
During the Fall 2013 semester, the participant will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Co-facilitate at least one (1) leadership workshop offered by the Office of Student Life
- Assist with the leadership programming of the Leadership and Service Living Learning Community
Applications must be submitted with the following pieces:
*Applications will be considered incomplete if missing any of the required pieces.
- Cover page with applicant information (attached)
- Short answer responses (attached)
- Current resume
- A letter of recommendation speaking towards the applicant’s leadership abilities
Download the LeaderShape Application 2013.
Completed applications may be returned to the Office of Student Life, 210 Campus Life Center. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 12 p.m.