Student email moving to Microsoft Office 365
USC Upstate ITS is excited to announce we’re moving your student email from Live@Edu to Microsoft Office365! Here is some great information about the move:
What is Office 365? Office 365 is an internet hosted service provided by Microsoft that gives you access to email, Office software and other tools. Features include:
1. 25GB of email space and online SkyDrive file storage space
2. Calendaring and reminders on all your devices and with your classmates
3. Anywhere, anytime, any device access
4. Mobile device integration and compatibility including chat, email, calendaring, document access, contacts
5. Web conferencing with faculty, students or support offices using video, audio and text chat
6. Virtual team meeting space and collaboration or share your computer desktop and/or collaborate on a virtual whiteboard
7. Free online access to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
8. Update files or take notes from any device
9. 99.9 percent uptime commitment from Microsoft
10. Anti-virus and anti-spam filtering and ISO/IEC 27001 Data Security compliant storage
Will my existing mailbox, calendar etc. be transferred over? All your email, files and other data will be migrated so you will not lose anything.
Will I still have access to my SkyDrive? Your SkyDrive account will still be accessible at http://skydrive.live.com. Eventually this will be integrated into your Office 365 account, but at first you will need to log in separately.
When will the transition occur? The transition is planned for the weekend of June 28. The process is expected to begin Friday, June 28 and take several hours as each account is transferred over to the new Office365 system. Mailboxes will be unavailable for a brief period during the transition as they are moved from the old system to the new. We expect this process to be completed Sunday, June 30. ITS will send out more information as we get closer to the migration date.
As always, please feel free to contact the Help Desk with any questions or concerns at 864-503-5257 or email us at email@example.com.