USC Upstate Introduces Merit Program to Students
The University of South Carolina Upstate is joining more than 450 universities in participating in a social media program that allows students to share your academic and extracurricular successes with friends and family.
USC Upstate is introducing the Merit program. The Merit program will send you badges with a description of your achievement.
Check out this video to learn more.
Freshmen, your first badge will be the “Enrollment” badge, and should arrive later this week. Returning students will receive a “Proud to be a Spartan” badge.
How does it work?
Merit is an automated system managed by University Communications at USC Upstate. When you are recognized for an achievement inside the classroom or through extracurricular activities, here’s what will happen:
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After opening the message, click “view my achievement.”
- Claim your Merit page by connecting through Facebook, Twitter or email. Your Merit page will showcase your college career achievements.
- Customize your page with a photo, personal activities and privacy settings.
- Share your badge via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ or email.
- Look for future emails with badges for student activities that you participate in, leadership roles that you assume, dean’s or president’s lists honors, athletic participation, volunteerism, graduation and more.
- View the USC Upstate Merit page here.
How does Merit help students?
Students participating in the Merit program will be able to share their achievements with friends and family. Merit may also help you as you join the workforce. Merit pages will offer a positive online presence for potential employers as they are conducting online searches before making a hiring decision.
Want to opt out?
Just click the link at the bottom of the first email that you receive from Merit.