Students Needed to Help Plant Trees
USC Upstate is a Tree Campus USA institution.
As we prepare for Arbor Day on Dec. 6, there are several trees that landscape services could use help in planting and tagging.
Due to the recent weather forecasts, planting will begin today. If you are interested in helping, please join the landscape services crew in the Susan Jacobs Arboretum.
In addition to the planting, students are asked to participate in a tagging project through the division of Natural Sciences and Engineering.
How do you participate?
- Select your favorite tree from the upper or lower quad
- Calculate its environmental impact using this calculator: http://www.treebenefits.com/calculator/.
- By Dec. 2, send your thoughts on why you chose that tree, its impact calculation and location to email@example.com
- Winners will be announced.
- You can also help Upstate Forever tag our trees on Arbor Day, Dec. 6.