In today’s economy, making money last throughout retirement can be a challenge.
The University of South Carolina Upstate Continuing Education Division is offering an educational course to help retirees “Rejuvenate Your Retirement.”
The course is designed to help retirees, or those getting ready to retire, to plan and protect investments, while making it possible to enjoy retirement without worrying about money.
The course will be offered in the John M. Rampey Center on the USC Upstate Campus during two sessions:
- 1 – 3 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 23 and 30
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 28 and Feb. 4.
What will you learn?
Whether planning for years in the future or looking for immediate answers to financial concerns, this course will help retirees learn:
- How to identify the primary threats to your retirement savings
- To plan your retirement income to still allow for travel, hobbies, sports, crafts, socializing, business ventures and lifelong learning.
- To align your investments with your attitudes, risk tolerance and objectives
- To apply strategies that will increase your Social Security benefits
- Calculate the conversion of your IRA to a Roth IRA
- Maximize tax efficiency when making withdrawals from mutual funds and IRAs
- Plan for healthcare, long-term care and end of life decisions
- To better understand estate planning
The course will be taught by Larry Stringer of Capital Investment Group, Inc.
Want to register?
The course is $19 per person in advance or $29 per couple. A $21 materials fee is payable to Larry Stringer, instructor, at the first class meeting. You may register by calling Dr. Faruk Tanyel at (864) 503-5587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.