Want To Be A Student Ambassador for Involvement, Leadership? Apply Now
Are you a leader? Do you exemplify what it means to be meaningfully engaged at USC Upstate? Do you think you can be an ambassador for student involvement?
Apply now to be a Student Ambassadors for Involvement and Leadership (SAIL). Click this link for 2014.15 application.
The deadline to apply is 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014.
The Student Ambassadors for Involvement and Leadership (SAIL) team serves as a resource for any student or student organization seeking assistance in finding opportunities for involvement. The SAIL team helps individual students explore involvement opportunities at USC Upstate and serves as a resource for student organizations regarding policies and programs.
There are six (6) SAIL Team members at USC Upstate.
Benefits of Being on the SAIL Team
- Significant leadership training and experience
- Opportunity to develop professional and personal relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- Knowledge of campus policies and procedures
- $200 bookstore scholarship, organizational apparel, and priority selection for some Office of Student Life events/programs
Are you interested in applying to be a SAIL Team member?
- Full time student at USC Upstate during the 2014-15 academic year
- Have and maintain at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Successfully completed at least 30 credit hours by May 2014
- Good social and academic standing with the University
- Available for weekly meetings during Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semesters
- Available for 3 day training in May 2014 (dates tbd)
- Available to attend Leadership Advance August 12-14, 2014
- Desire to serve Upstate and other students
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and dedicated
- Desire to achieve excellence
- Team player
*note: Presidents of University Sponsored organizations are ineligible to apply for the SAIL team.
- Prior involvement in an organization, volunteer program, University program, or an athletic team where you had to exhibit leadership skills
- Experience planning or organizing events
*note: you do not have had to have held an executive board position in a student organization to be eligible for the SAIL Team.
Application Requirements and Timeline
Stage 1: Applications due Wednesday, April 16 at 3pm to the Office of Student Life
- Cover page with applicant information (page 3 of attached document)
- Short answer responses (page 4 of attached document)
- Involvement resume outlining positions held/leadership experiences
*Applications missing any of the three pieces listed above or late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must sign up for an interview/presentation time when turning in their application. Timeslots are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Stage 2: Friday, April 18 and Monday, April 21 (Tuesday, April 22 if needed)
- 20 minute interview with a panel of reviewers
- Presentation covering the topic “why you should get involved at USC Upstate”
- Presentation should not last longer than 5 minutes
Wednesday, April 23: Applicants notified