Advance America is hiring and they are looking for students just like you.
Positions start at $11 an hour.
The job fair will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 4.
- Part-time role with flexible scheduling – Advance America works around your schedule, offering great life, class, and work balance
- $11 Hourly – Working just 3 to 4 hours, 3 days a week, could total over $400 a month
- Walking distance from The George, located in the heart of downtown Spartanburg
- Professional work environment
- Extensive training in both consumer financial products and customer service
- Drop in interviews at the George on Thursday, September 4 offers the ability to interview within 30 to 40 minutes with no appointment necessary. Registration is located on the first floor in the gallery.
- Business casual dress required. Please bring a resume.
On an average day a team member will average around 20 customers an hour with a variety of questions and opportunities. Advance America is a small but growing team, so consider this a “ground level” opportunity to help build our future.
We currently support approximately 1,500 locations, but we anticipate supporting all 2,500+ Advance America locations by the end of 2014.
If you enjoy helping others, would enjoy blending your interest of finance with concierge-quality customer service, on a team ready to grow, this is the opportunity for you!
So, what’s it like to be a Customer Contact Center Agent?
The majority of in-bound calls arrive from across the nation by “rolling over” when a store-front ‘center’ is busy assisting another customer. Customers call for a variety of reasons ranging from product inquiries, financial questions, to simply locating the center closest to their current location.
To qualify for a spot on the team:
- Have an interest in finance, banking, or retail and feel comfortable providing customer service voice-to-voice to customers throughout the nation.
- The ideal addition to the team will have excellent verbal communication, a team mentality focused on exceeding our customers’ expectations, and comfortable with changing priorities in an unstructured and evolving environment.
About Advance America
Like any entrepreneurial venture, Advance America started in Spartanburg as a business enterprise in 1997 to fulfill a marketplace need. In the late 1990s, consumers were feeling the pain of additional banking fees for bounced checks and other services.
Advance America decided to step in to fill the gap and offer a lending alternative outside of what was offered at traditional banks. Thus, the payday loan model was born. Advance America provides a variety of financial products and services with a legacy of short-term, unsecured cash advances that are due on the customer’s next payday. This lending model continues today and has helped shift consumer perception of the financial industry and put an emphasis on top-notch customer experiences
The National Contact Center is walking distance from The George!
The Advance America Contract Center in located in the heart of downtown Spartanburg in a newly renovated facility. Walk from class, to work, to restaurants and entertainment, all within a few blocks.