With interest in Spartan Athletics ever increasing and in an effort to garner more attention on the social media front, USC Upstate Athletics has added six new Twitter accounts in an attempt to further promote the athletic teams at the University and further its interaction with fans.
Upstate has added Twitter accounts for men’s and women’s cross country/track & field (combined), men’s and women’s golf (combined), men’s soccer, women’s soccer, men’s and women’s tennis (combined) and volleyball.
Upstate already has a main Twitter account, @UpstateSpartans, and has offered individual sport accounts for baseball (@UPSTBSB), men’s basketball (@UPSTMBB), women’s basketball (@UpstateWB) and softball (@UpstateSoftball). Upstate fans have shown an interest in receiving individualized information on the other Spartan sports and their requests have been answered. The six new Twitter accounts are:
- Men’s and Women’s Golf: @UpstateMWGolf, #UPSTGOLF
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country/Track & Field: @UpstateXCTrack, #UPSTXCTF
- Men’s Soccer: @UpstateMSoccer, #UPSTMS
- Women’s Soccer: @UpstateWSoccer, ##UPSTWS
- Men’s and Women’s Tennis: @UpstateTennis, #UPSTTEN
- Volleyball: @UpstateVB, #UPSTVB
In addition to the Athletic Twitter accounts, Upstate Athletics also operates accounts on social media platforms Facebook, Youtube and Instagram.