How do you define beauty?
Operation Beautiful, sponsored by Delta Zeta, starts this week on campus.
- Monday, February 23, 2015: Campus Wide No Make Up Day/ Natural Hair Day
- On Monday, February 23, we invite you to embrace your natural beauty by taking the pledge to not wear makeup on this day. Leave your straightener and chemicals at home and join in our appreciation for natural beauty and natural hair! Join #ChangetheConversation by posting or tweeting a photo of your fresh face and healthy hair @USCUpstate.
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015: Education Tabling – See the Real Me!
- Did you know that body dysmorphia affects more people today than ever before? On Tuesday, February 24, the Health Education Center invites you to take part in our eye opening exercise designed to challenge your self-perception. By blending art with clinical psychological assessments used in the treatment of eating disorders, USC Upstate hopes to help you step back and “see the real me”.
- Wednesday, February 25, 2015: Change the Conversation/ NAMI Connection
- This generation is more aware of media and society’s harmful messages of inadequacy and shame. On this day, we ask you to sign our pledge vowing to #ChangetheConversation @USCUpstate. Become a member of the generation dedicated to promoting a positive body image and positive messages for generations to come. Join our hashtag with a declaration of self-love and personal experience in body acceptance. NAMI On Campus is opening up the night for a peer counseling session starting at 5:30 p.m. in HEC 2035. Want to take a step towards self-love? Need someone to speak to about anxiety, depression, or an eating disorder? NAMI on Campus is a collection of students here to help support those struggling with mental wellness. Help us to fight stigma by embracing changes for wellness, on the inside and out.
- Thursday, February 26, 2015: Education Tabling – How Do You Define Beauty?
- Students are asked to complete the sentence “True beauty is ________”, Last year, dozens of students helped us to redefine the definition of beautiful with statements of strength and positivity. Come to the CLC and share with us what beauty means to you in a visual display of empowerment.
For more information, contact Katie Howe at 864.503.5536 or email@example.com.