Attention, students and alums!
The George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics is cooking up what promises to be the best George Spring Career and Internship Fair yet! As you may know, many of our JCBE students and graduates secure internships and permanent positons as a direct result of attending this event. Our fair will take place Friday, February 27, from 10 a.m.-noon on the first floor. Posters are currently displayed, but several employers have been added to the line-up of outstanding employers! Please research the companies prior to attending; dress professionally; bring copies of your professional resume; and come early so that you have time to network with everyone! (Resume paper (yes, this is a thing!) is available in George 153 and USC Upstate’s Career Services office in the Library.
Confirmed attendees are:
- Accountemps: While most of their positions are temporary, there have been some exciting fulltime opportunities extended to our graduates through their placement. (An example of one that comes to mind is fulltime project cost accountant at CH2MHill. This grad must be doing pretty well there because he just built a home!)
- Advance America: They have about 12 paid summer internships in all areas this summer (project management, IT, finance and accounting, and more). Also, they have a number of students working part-time in their inbound call center at $11/hour. This office is within walking distance of the George as well.
- Adidas: new to our career fair! They have recently hired a couple of our best marketing and communications students for Account Rep positions that pay well and involve some really cool travel opportunities all over the US!
- AFL Global Telecommunications: One of Spartanburg’s top five largest employers…they have all kinds of internships, especially in Marketing and HR.
- American Credit Acceptance: They have many positions in servicing/collections, but they have hired a number of our graduates in analyst and underwriting positions for pretty competitive pay.
- Costco: new to our career fair! They have some marketing opportunities and plenty of very well-paid hourly positions for students seeking work.
- Dixon Hughes Goodman: new to our career fair! PAID Accounting Internships!!!
- Entercom Upstate: new to our career fair! Internships in marketing and communications and several FT positions available. (Currently hiring for: digital marketing consultant, entry-level account rep., PT on-air personality, and promotions reps.)
- Enterprise: hiring for Sales Mgmt Trainees and paid summer internships.
- Hubbell Lighting: a huge financial supporter of internships for our JCBE students. Hires our graduates from all concentrations, most recently in marketing and economics/finance. Excellent pay too.
- Human Technologies: Both the manager and assistant manager are JCBE grads! They hire for technology and manufacturing positions, including ZF Transmissions (where we have had two students interns in marketing making $17/hour).
- Infinity Marketing: new to our career fair! Internships in media marketing, endorsements, creative and production, graphic design and social media.
- Morgan Stanley: They almost never hire anyone right out of college locally, but they hired one of last year’s for financial advising! Does not offer internships, but has opportunities in sales, marketing, and wealth management.
- ScanSource: sponsors a number of scholarships for our JCBE students. Has a terrific paid summer internship programs and hires our grads from each concentration regularly.
- Sherwin Williams: paid internships and entry-level management positions that start at $40k. (In the last year, they have hired three of our managements grads.)
- TD Bank: The JCBE currently has three new grads working at the corporate office in Greenville. They are actively hiring for all types of positions!
- Networking opportunities with Spartanburg Young Professionals and USC Upstate Alumni Relations!
(We are still awaiting confirmation from: Ford Motor Credit, Nutra Manufacturing, the State Auditor’s Office, Goodwill, Launch Something, and Felters, Inc.)