The University of South Carolina Upstate has heart!
Check out these events with heart, health, happiness and a little bit of fun combined. Events will be held each day from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the second floor lobby of the Sansbury Campus Life Center.
Events planned for the week include:
Monday, Feb. 9 — “Stress and a Healthy Heart”
- Grab a stress ball and relieve a little stress! Stress plays a major role in all of our lives and can affect behaviors and factors that increase the risk of heart disease such as high blood pressure, cholesterol levels, smoking, drinking, physical inactivity, and overeating. Join us to learn more about ways to manage stress and heart health!
Tuesday, Feb. 10 — “What’s your Fortune” & Healthy Relationships
- As Valentine’s Day approaches, we are all gearing up to show appreciation to that someone special in our lives. Love, respect, trust, and loyalty are all important in a Healthy Relationship. Join us to learn more about how to keep your relationship happy and healthy!
- Healthwalk, HEC – 4:00 p.m. – Meet in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center lobby for a quick 30 minute walk around the track to get your heart rate up and to burn a few extra calories! Endurance exercise is great for cardiovascular health!
Wednesday, Feb. 11 — “An Apple a Day”
- We’ve all heard that an apple a day keeps the doctor away! February is American Heart Month; heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the US with 1 in 4 deaths being caused by Heart Disease each year. Heart Disease can be prevented when we make healthy choices and manage our health conditions. Join us to learn more about what you can do to keep your heart healthy!
- Garnet and Black Day — Wear garnet and black to show your support for USC Columbia in light of the recent tragedy. A moment of silence will be held at 1 p.m., sponsored by the Student Government Association.
Thursday, Feb. 12 — Student Valentine Trivia
- Learn more about USC Upstate, Heart Health, and Saint Valentine and win a prize!
Friday, Feb. 13 — “Something Sweet to Eat”
- Students are the heart of our campus and there is no better way to express that than by sharing something sweet to show our appreciation! Come grab a few pieces of candy and have a safe and happy Valentine’s Day!
- “Make Your Own Valentine” — Join CAB and Counseling Services to create your own Valentine’s Day card for someone special in your life!