The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning will present “Teaching in Diverse Classrooms,” from 12 – 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 22 in Media 238.
In this “Best Practices” workshop on inclusive pedagogy, panelists will:
- focus on how they create an inclusive classroom environment
- present the challenges and concerns related to teaching a diverse student population
- show how they create a vision for promoting inclusive excellence in their classrooms.
Participants will leave the workshop:
- knowing what teaching inclusively feels like and looks like
- with a clear understanding of what a culturally responsive syllabus looks like
- with general strategies and approaches for promoting inclusive excellence and student success in a diverse classroom
Margaret Camp, director, Disabilities Services, ADA Coordinator
Dr. Amy Connolly, assistant professor, Informatics
Dr. Abe Goldberg, assistant professor, Political Science, HPPA
Dr. Samantha Hauptman, assistant professor, Criminal Justice. SCJW
Dr. Cassandra Jones, assistant professor, African American Studies, LLC
Dr. Julie Moss, assistant professor, Mary Black School of Nursing
Dr. Astrid Rosario, associate professor, Chemistry, NSE