Save the date for the annual Gearing Up Workshop!
Join the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Wednesday, August 12, 2015 in Room 117 of the College of Arts and Sciences for their Gearing Up Workshop.
New and veteran faculty will be provided with tips and resources that lead to student and teacher success. Topics include: Student Retention and Persistence, Effective Academic Advising, Active Learning, Building a Culture of Student Success on the Greenville Campus, Online Instruction and Learning, Engaging Students in the Community, Making the Most of the First Day of Class.
- 10-10:30 a.m. — Susannah Waldrop, director, Student Success Center.
- 10:30-11 a.m. — Abe Goldberg and Kara Ferguson; co-directors, Office of Service-Learning and Community Engagement.
- 11-11:30 a.m. — David McCurry, director, Distance Education.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Michael Lampe, Instructional designer, Learning Technologies.
- 12-12:30 p.m. — June Carter, director, CETL
- 12:30-1:00 p.m. — Stacey Mills, interim executive director, Greenville Campus.
Refreshments will be served.