The ITS Help Desk is committed to helping you keep your personal computer safe from viruses and malware. Students can even bring their laptop to the help desk for a full virus scan. Everyone who has a personal computer or device should keep the following tips in mind:
- Don’t click on suspicious links
- Never give out your password information to anyone
- Block pop-ups (this is built-in to most browsers)
- Be careful shopping online. Use a credit card if possible since it is easier to recover stolen money than with a debit card
- Make sure your anti-virus software is running and up to date.
For more information, see below:
- Secure Carolina Online Security Headquarters
- Computing Tips
- How to install Microsoft Security Essentials
- How to install Malware Bytes
As always, feel free to contact the Help Desk with any questions or concerns at 864-503-5257 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.