Student intern Amber Morgan tells you why you shouldn’t miss Homecoming this year!
By Amber Morgan
Happy Homecoming #SpartanCity! Are you ready for all the fun filled festivities this week? We are excited to see you there, and we don’t want you to miss Bright Lights, Spartan City Homecoming 2016. This year’s theme will focus on letting Spartanburg know we are Spartans, and we love our school!
Do you want to check out the latest photos and posts from Homecoming 2016? Use #SpartanCity to keep yourself updated on your favorite parts from homecoming. Zane Gray, a member of the Homecoming Committee, said “My favorite aspect of homecoming is seeing a collective campus spirit rallying around our various sports teams, organizations, and student body as whole.”
There are several events happening this week. Starting Monday morning, the Homecoming Court Polls will open online at 9:00 a.m. Don’t forget to vote for your Homecoming King and Queen 2016! The polls will close Thursday at 11:59 p.m.
- Monday: Join us between the Treehouses at 7:00 p.m. for a bonfire full of marshmallows, laughter, and fun times.
- Tuesday: Come out to the HEC Gym and play Dodge, Duck & Dodgeball sponsored by ZTA at 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Dance along to all of your favorite songs at the Masquerade Ball sponsored by NAACP at 7:30 p.m. in the URC Great Room.
- Thursday: Do you have Spartan Spirit? Come cheer with us at the Upper Quad at 6:00 p.m. for our Sparta Pep Rally sponsored by SGA. Then join us as we watch the Women’s Basketball Team play at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: Check out the Wrath of the Spartans Stroll Off at 7:30 p.m. in HPAC Theater.
- Saturday: Bring your Spartan spirt to the Basketball Double Header. Men’s tipoff starts at 2:00 p.m. Women’s tipoff starts at 4:30 p.m.
You don’t want to miss these events! “Homecoming week is one of the greatest parts about college because you go to class and work hard, and homecoming is just a great way to show your school spirit,” a senior with Spartan pride, Floyd Mulligan said. “You should go to the homecoming events and have an exciting time with your friends.”
We hope to see your Spartan pride on campus for Bright Lights, Spartan City Homecoming 2016.