The QEP Advisory Board is pleased to invite applications for the fifth and final faculty cohort to join the Student Technology Enrichment Program and to participate in the QEP Faculty Development Institute (FDI).
The 2016 FDI is scheduled for Monday, May 16 – Friday, May 20 – 8:30 – 5:00 each day.
We will ‘retreat’ to lovely space downtown at The George.
The Faculty Development Institute offers an exciting immersion experience for participants that focuses on tools and skills to design Technology Intensive Courses to then be offered as a part of the QEP. The experience includes time for critical reflection, hands-on practice, and collaboration with colleagues in guided course re-design. Participants will develop technology intensive (TI) courses during the institute and over summer for offering during the 2016 – 2017 academic year.
Applications are now being accepted and are due on or before Monday, April 4.
Participants will be notified by Friday, April 22.
Faculty accepted into the QEP STEP-UP Faculty Development Institute will receive $1500 compensation and funds to purchase technology for course development and implementation.
Please note that participation in the QEP STEP-UP is a commitment through the remaining life of the project – until 2017.
QEP faculty cohort members are expected to:
- Participate fully in the complete summer FDI workshop.
- Research, design and develop course and instructional enhancements and enrichments including any relevant disciplinary and/or cross-disciplinary connections.
- Share design work with fellow cohort members and to the project toolkit database and online repository.
- Reflect upon all work and write regularly to explicate ongoing course development and implementation processes for other participants.
- Mentor colleagues in the subsequent project years.
- Participate fully in the ongoing process documentation, student learning assessment, and program evaluation process throughout the QEP process
Failure to do so may result in forfeiting the FDI stipend.
The invitation is open and online: QEP FDI Application
You will be prompted to log in. Use your campus network user ID and password to proceed.
You should discuss your plans with your department head prior to submission.
A message will be generated to your department head requesting the additional required approvals once you click Save & Submit.