First and foremost congratulations to all of the graduates on their hard work and dedication to reach this goal in their educational journey. While this is a very joyous day it can also be filled with stress and anxiety. To help alleviate the avoidable stress, the USC Upstate Police Department would like to pass along some helpful tips.
- Arrive early. All students participating in the processional should be present and seated in the Hodge by 4pm-Do not expect to arrive 15 minutes early and still be on time.
- Parking is first come first serve with the exception of handicap and VIP/Platform parking. This includes all Students, Faculty and Staff. Please allow sufficient time to locate a parking space and arrive early. Remember there will be approximately 6,000 others arriving at the same time so be prepared for delays and back-ups. If possible travel in as few vehicles as possible (large caravans slow things up for everyone) and provide your guest with directions for the various parking areas. Keep in mind that there will be shuttle service from the outlying lots for guests with difficulty walking distances.
- Handicap parking is located near the Hodge building and between the Library and Admin building on the other side. These spaces go quickly so encourage relatives to arrive early.
- Please prepare for the weather as it can be extremely hot and sufficient water may not be present in all areas.
- Restrooms are located in the Hodge and Library for guests however the Library typically closes their doors by 5:00 p.m.