Winston-Salem, N.C. – The USC Upstate track and field team saw one new school record and several new personal records as the Spartans opened the indoor season on Sunday at the UNCG Early Bird held at the JDL Fast Track.
“The meet was a good start to the season,” head coach Carson Blackwelder said. “We had solid performances overall and a few personal bests. If everyone keeps working hard over break we will have a great season.”
- Destinie Sykes won the women’s triple jump with a new school record mark of 11.72 meters.
- Kalyn Brown won the women’s shot put with a personal-best throw of 13.21 meters. Brown’s throw is the second-best in school history.
- Patrick Jamison tied the school record in the 60-meter dash with a personal-best time of 7.02
- Other personal bests include Desman Martin (long jump) and Kyle Drollette (60-meter hurdles).
- Kayla Jordon finished in third place in the 400-meter dash.
Upstate Women’s Results
- KeAndrea Ladson – 8.97
- Kennedy Holton – 9.14
- Kayla Jordon- 58.26
- Fatima Pedroza – 2:26.25
- 5. Breondra Steele – 1.55 meters
- Breondra Steele – 5.31 meters
- Kalyn Brown – 13.21 meters
- Destinie Sykes – 11.72 meters
- Breondra Steele – 11.02 meters
Upstate Men’s Results
- Patrick Jamison – 7.02
- Kyle Drollette – 8.43
- Tanner Saunders – 8.61
- Patrick Jamison – 22.58
- Ezequiel Sepulveda – 23.07
- Kyle Drollette – 51.41
- Tanner Saunders – 51.55
- Collins Livinus – 51.84
- Marcus Miles – 2:01.36
- Griffin Eubanks – 9:13.24
- Jacob Coccia – 9:36.57
- Desman Martin – 6.76 meters
- Jaquille Mosley – 11.44 meters
- Desman Martin – 13.90 meters
- Benjamin Bapuopeleh – 12.70 meters
- Bryson Hatten – 11.75 meters
- The Spartans are off until the ETSU Invitational on Jan. 13-14 in Johnson City, Tenn.