We are closely monitoring weather forecasts that are calling for various amounts of snow over the weekend and have begun severe weather mitigation preparations.
Please make sure that you are familiar with the USC Upstate Inclement Weather Policy.
University Police, Facilities, Dining, Housing, Housekeeping, and University Communications are working together to keep the campus safe and functional during severe weather and to keep you all informed of any delays or closings.
Students will be moving in to the residence halls over the weekend in anticipation of the Spring 2017 semester beginning on Monday, Jan. 9. Residential students are encouraged to move in early during the following times:
· Friday, Jan. 6 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Students should complete the early move-in request form. There is no charge for early arrival due to weather. Call the Housing Office at 864-503-5422 for more details.
· Saturday, Jan. 7 2 – 4 p.m.
· Sunday, Jan. 8 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Please remember that decisions to delay classes, cancel classes or close the University will follow the directive of Spartanburg County and not the local school districts. Various sources for receiving the information include:
- USC Upstate website
- USC Upstate social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Spart Alert (be sure you are signed up for text notifications)
- Local media outlets (the various tv stations do not have a consistent system for reporting our status so please refer to the University website for the most accurate information)
Given that our students, faculty and staff drive from all over the Upstate region to our various locations, it is important for me to stress that in times of inclement weather, you are urged to use your best judgment to determine if traveling to campus will present a safety hazard.