Spartanburg County just announced that we are operating on a 2-hour delay due to winter weather.
- Students and faculty should begin attending classes that are scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. or later.
- Faculty are strongly encourage to communicate with the students in their classes if you plan to cancel any of your classes.
- Staff members should report to work at 10:30 a.m.
- The 2-hour delay is for the main campus, The George, and the Greenville locations.
You may find more information on the weather policy.
As always, students and employees are urged to use their best judgment to determine if traveling to campus will present a safety hazard. Employees may elect to take annual leave, take the day without pay, or make-up the time missed within a specified time frame to be established by Human Resources in conjunction with Payroll.
Below is information regarding accessibility around campus. While our crews have been clearing sidewalks and parking lots, you are advised to use caution as there are exceptions and shady areas may continue to have icy spots. Sidewalks leading from parking areas to the south or east entrance to buildings have been cleared.
Hazardous pedestrian traffic routes are generally on the north side of buildings and walkways in shaded areas. Please be very careful walking on campus. Melted snow and ice will drain across many sidewalks and refreeze causing slip hazards throughout campus.
Building entrance ways are as follows:
- Administration Building is accessible from the east entrance near the Help Desk. Other access ways are hazardous.
- Hodge is accessible from the south entrance at the main lobby facing the parking lot.
- Media is accessible from the south entrance at the ramp entering the second floor lobby.
- Library is accessible from the east entrance facing the quad. Use caution in shaded areas and slip hazards caused by thawing, draining and refreezing. Tukey is not accessible from the building exterior due to heavy freezing on the shaded north side of the building.
- Smith is accessible from the east entrance at the second floor facing the Library. Use caution walking on sidewalk leading from parking lot.
- Humanities & Performing Arts Center is accessible from the south entrance facing Smith. Use caution on sidewalk.
- College of Arts & Sciences Building is accessible from the south entrance. Access from the parking lot on the north side facing the parking lot is hazardous.
- Campus Life Center is accessible from the south entrance on the second floor lobby facing CASB.
- Health Education Center is accessible from the north entrance facing North Campus Boulevard.
- University Readiness Center is accessible from the south entrance facing the parking lot.
- Burroughs is accessible from the east entrance facing the parking lot.
- The George is accessible from the south corner of the building facing E. St. John Street. Use the roadway to walk from the garage to the south entrance. The walkway from the garage is frozen.
- Rampey is accessible from the south entrance facing the parking lot.
- The Farmhouse is not accessible due to frozen ground cover on all sides of the building.
- Access around Magnolia House, Palmetto House and Palmetto Villas is relatively clear. Please use caution in these areas due to thawing and refreezing.